The balloon is not a permanent device. The average stomach is 1.5 L in volume and the average gastric balloon takes up close to half of that space. That leaves about 60% of your stomach available for food. The biggest benefit may be that the balloon restricts the free passage of food and water, essentially slowing its passage through your stomach, making you feel full quicker and longer.
The gastric balloon is left in the stomach for 6 months. During these 6 months, you will work with Dr. Andrei’s team to make lifestyle changes that will help you lose weight. The 6 months of lifestyle changes, coupled with the balloon, goes a long way towards jump-starting your positive and healthy changes.
After 6 months, Dr. Andrei will remove the balloon the same way it was placed. You’ll be lightly sedated, and will wake up after the balloon has been taken out of your stomach.
- Simple, non-surgical and fast procedure.
- It does not leave any scars on your body
- Minimal recovery time
- Feeling of fullness and satisfaction with less food intake.
- In order to achieve the best results with the stomach balloon weight-loss, you must be committed to changing your diet and exercise habits.
- It may cause a feeling of nausea and discomfort in certain individuals.
- Possibility of a leak and deflation of the balloon in the stomach.
- Temporary procedure that must be followed by sensible eating habits and exercise creating permanent lifestyle change after the balloon is removed to maintain your success.
- Requires a secondary procedure to remove
- Cost- this procedure is not covered by insurance
Contact Dr. Andrei to schedule a complimentary consultation to assess if this weight loss procedure is an appropriate surgical option for you.