Walk the Walk with Dr. Andrei
The Social Distancing Experience
Saturday, May 30th , 2020 after our support group
To learn how to participate, please see below
for frequently asked questions.
For many years we tried to live and act by the words we say, and using FACTS, we started to have our Walk the Walk events. Unfortunately, due to the current health crisis, though we don't want to give up on our beautiful and enriching experiences, we'll have to adjust to social distancing.
So let's go virtual!
On May 30th we invite everyone and their families (or those who they are quarantining with) to participate in our virtual walk/run. For this event, we ask everyone to walk/run a route of their choosing, as we all individually do the same.
That's not even the best part! What Walk the Walk event would be complete without a little healthy competition? During your walk/run, please film a short video of yourself with a positive and healthy message (don't forget to be creative)! If someone's doing the walk with you, be sure to include them! After you finish the walk/run, come back to this page and submit your video so that we could put together a montage of all the participants. We'll even award prizes to the most creative videos!
Also, if you're feeling extra competitive and have a walk/run mobile app handy that can record your distance and time, send us a screenshot of your final results. Of course, prizes will be award for the fastest and longest walks/runs in various categories.
Here's what you need to participate:
- Walking / athletic apparel
- Smart Phone or Video Recording Device
- Friends / family to help with filming (optional)
- Mobile Application to track your distance and time (i.e. Couch to 5k, Pacer, Strava) - See image below to see what kind of photo(s) you will need to submit
- Make sure to practice safe and smart social distancing!
- If the route you plan to walk is in a populated area, be sure to wear a mask when reasonable.
- Please record one video that lasts no more than 30 seconds with the following: an introduction of you and your team, where you're walking /running, and a positive, healthy message! Extra points will be awarded for creativity. light-hearted humor!
- If you plan on submitting your time/distance, please take a screenshot(s) of the app you used that clearly shows the times/distance, and, if available, the map of the route.
If you have any questions, please text Dr.Andrei directly at 973-255-9979 or you can email DrAndrei@bariatricassociates.com. In your text or email please provide us the following information: First name, last name, cell phone number, and your email address.
May 30th, 2020 after our regularly scheduled support group meeting